Monday, September 18, 2023

Oriental Dwarf Kingfisher




 Oriental Dwarf Kingfisher/ Black-backed Kingfisher/Three-toed Kingfisher

with a frog kill Biological Name: Ceyx Erithaca 

Regional Name: तिबोटी खंड्या

Gears Used:

Camera: Canon 600D

Lens: Tamron 150-600 mm VC USD G2

One of the most colourful birds found in the Western ghats area of Indian Subcontinent. Many nicknames have been given to this beautiful bird. "Flying Rainbow", "colourbomb", "Jewel of Western Ghats/Konkan". Many photographers desire to capture this bird through their gear from across the sub continent. Even if you will ask me this bird was always on my wish list and since Kingfisher bir is so special for me and I have a desire to capture all its breeds found in the Indian subcontinent. I had earlier got a record shot of this beautiful bird as I didn't possess a good telephoto zoom lens in my kit. I was waiting for this moment from when. So, for a whole day w waited for this bird and we did get some of the stills with different kills on 10-15 occassions. This is another of my favourite clicks where thi beauty appeared in front of us for a few minutes with a frog kill. The size of the kill depends on how young its chicks are.

No comments:

Post a Comment